Welcome to the world of Blinddog Smokin’
Original Funkblues Showband
Up From the Tracks
- Eight CDs and forty-one original songs since 1993
- Dubbed the Ultimate Road Warriors by Southland Blues Magazine
- Three times on the main stage at the King Biscuit Blues Festival
- Twice on the main stage at the Tulsa Blues Festival
- House band at the annual Snowy Range Blues Festival
- Cover of King Biscuit Time Magazine
- Cover of Southland Blues Magazine
- Cover of Southwest Blues Magazine
- Performed in ten countries and most states
- Once played over two thousand gigs in one decade
- Still touring by bus
- Recently released CD/DVD “Up From the Tracks” all original music
Blinddog Smokin’, known for its intense presentation, dynamic volume swings, and humorous storytelling, brings anywhere from six to ten performers to its shows, and often features in addition, famous guest blues artists like Bobby Rush, Carl Weathersby, Sherman Robertson and Billy Branch. For several summers, award winning British sensation, Oli Brown toured with Blinddog. The big Blinddog bus has carried on tour such notables as Zora Young, Miss Blues, Aynsley Lister, and Holland’s Coen Wolters. The shows are innovative, always colorful, and often dramatic, and in one night may feature many configurations, looks, and song styles.
The Blinddog website will be expanding and changing over the next days and weeks, so stay tuned for many new photos, lots of history, new merchandise, bios, videos, music, history, tour information, and stories.
Current members and years in the band: Carl Gustafson, vocals/harmonica, 18 years; Chicago Chuck Gullens, drums/vocals, 18 years; Roland Pritzker a.k.a., Junior Bacon, bass/vocals, 12 years; Mo Beeks, Keys/vocals, 6 years; Chris White, backup vocals, 5 years; Chalo Ortiz, guitar, 2 years; Linda Gustafson, backup vocals 2years; Rex Amend, Sax, 2 years.